Wednesday 29 February 2012

Schools

Okay, so many people have different views on school. I used to like my school, until it changed. It used to be about learning in a safe, happy environment where students could absorb as much knowledge as possible while having a good time. 
Now all they give a damn about is whether our uniform is correct and how our behavior is. Behavior should always be good, but they expect us to be as silent as before time began. 
World, today I had an assembly on learning. They told us that they try to make it as "fun as possible" for us. Personally, I think it would be more fun listening to all of Justin Bieber's albums. And believe me, that is NOT fun. 
The point I'm trying to make world, is that this government is corrupt. Well at least the school systems are.  I had unit 1 Biology, Chemistry and Physics exams in January, and believe me half the stuff that we learnt  on the curriculum wasn't on that exam. Especially for Chemistry. The chemistry exam really annoyed me, because it showed just how low then exam board (AQA) has gotten to be. I was going through a GCSE EXAM and I didn't know half of the stuff in it, I was that clueless. 
I dunno, all I know is that schools and exams have changed for the worse, and the lessons are actually very depressing, especially in Years 9 and 10. 
I mean, how fun is educating children about the Holocaust by taking them to museums and making them stand in carts that actual victims stood in? Yes it may be important and interesting to know but it's not exactly fun or child friendly is it? 
Also, educating children of ages 14 and 15 about Euthanasia isn't really going to help us. Or about christian views on abortion. 
I'll go into this more on the next blog. Tell me what you think! 
B x

No comments:

Post a Comment